Monday, June 30, 2014

#27 - the big day

Here's the big day captured in photographs:

June 29, 2014 started off with me finally sleeping in one day this week!! At 10am I poked my head out of my room to find streamers covering my entire living room, bathroom and bedroom door! My beautiful roommate Susie surprised the heck out of me by gorgeously decorating our home!


I then sat down and enjoyed my first birthday present, a beautiful mug and green tea from Nikaido, my favorite tea shop in Steveston/Richmond, BC gifted from my lovely student, Camille. 


I trekked on over to my Dad's place and along the way got a surprising voice message from The Doss' singing me Happy Birthday! My dad cooked his infamous crepes that are simply to die for and I got given a birthday cake with the most candles I have EVER had on a cake at one time. 


Next up was the racetracks, Jen and I found some fancy old cars to hang out by. 



Ciders, tea, take out, gorgeous horses and laughs filled the afternoon at the racetrack.


Next on the list was Gastown, and while stepping outside to receive a special birthday wish, I found this little yellow ladybug and hung out with it for awhile.  


The surprise of a lifetime came next when my half sister Lorelei showed up to my complete and utter surprise.  I burst into tears as soon as I saw her.  It was the first time I had seen Lori in about 20 years.  A few fabulous friends and our other sister Megan were in on the whole plan.  This day went from outstanding to extraordinary! I couldn't have ever asked for a more perfect day!  It was a dream come true to connect with Lori and get to introduce her to so many fabulous people.  We reconnected like no time had passed at all and it was so amazing to hear about all of her fabulous adventures and travels.  She is truly one of a kind!



Feelin' the love at Alibi Room. 


Finally we got to Pourhouse and were serenaded by the most amazing jazz band ever along with fabulous cocktails and fancy food.  It was a heavenly way to end the evening!


If I learnt one thing in my 20's it was that change was inevitable. 
Now entering my 30's the new theme is expect the unexpected and relish in it. 
Thank you for all of the exquisite Birthday wishes that came from far and wide, you all made this day absolutely unforgettable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment